Internship Program Overview
The Downtown Albany BID's intern program provides an excellent opportunity for emerging business leaders to acquire professional skills and connections. Interns are vital in the successful coordination and implementation of important programs and initiatives, and each is given at least one major project to manage during their BID tenure.
Internships are available during the fall, spring and summer. While most interns are junior or senior level in college, on occasion the BID will consider exceptional college sophomore students as potential candidates. As projects arise, we also look for graduate students with specific skill sets.
- Articulate, organized, enthusiastic
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently when necessary
- Excellent communication, writing and computer skills
- Semester long internship - work shifts must be a minimum of four hours
- Junior/senior undergraduates or graduate students
- Travel through the BID districts & make personal contact with business owners
- Cover letter explaining why you are seeking an internship with the BID
Cover letter and resume may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DAY Life Committee focuses on determining high impact projects that relate to Downtown DAY Life, including office and employee retention, retail attraction and more. The Committee will work to determine the best ways to accomplish the decided projects and define the tools and support necessary to do so.
The NIGHT Life Committee focuses on determining high impact projects that relate to Downtown NIGHT Life commerce and community with an arts, entertainment, special events focus. The Committee will research and determine how to best complete these goals.
The GOOD Life Committee focuses on determining high impact projects that relate to the GOOD Life in Downtown. This includes enhancing the residential community and general quality of life for all people visiting, working and living Downtown. The Committee will conduct research and plan ways to implement these projects.
Dedicated volunteers are essential to the success of the Downtown Albany Business Improvement District’s (BID) goals and initiatives.
Interested in assisting in our next big event? Contact Rebecca Haizmann | 518.465.2143 x10 to be connected with our Volunteer Coordinator.