We're hiring! Marketing & Special Events Coordinator
Full time Marketing & Special Events Coordinator
Assist in the development and implementation of the comprehensive special event and marketing activities for all BID programs in accordance with Board directives and the Organization’s mission. In this newly created role, time will be split among marketing and special event departments, and the individual will be responsible for supporting the Special Events Manager and Marketing & Communications Manager in effectively achieving goals set forth by the BID’s Strategic Plan, Board, and individual Committees.
Primary functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager in implementation of comprehensive communications plan to promote Downtown development and investment, including the dissemination of informational, promotional, and educational materials to Stakeholders, media, merchants, etc.
- Assist the Special Events Manager in the development, production, and implementation of BID signature and special events including ribbon cuttings, Restaurant Week, Bites Camera Action, PearlPalooza, etc.
- Develop and curate engaging content for website and social channels, keeping with the voice and brand set forth by the BID.
- Assist Marketing & Communications Manager with content for semi-annual magazine.
- Update BID’s website with Stakeholder and property information, in addition to quarterly review of listings to ensure accuracy of content and links.
- Coordinate development of office tenant profiles for Downtown Works office attraction program.
- Populate event calendar with Stakeholder events.
- Write e-newsletters, including developing content and soliciting merchant involvement.
- Coordinate volunteers and tasks for BID events.
- Work with Special Events Manager to manage, maintain, and grow signature events and promotions designed to improve the quality of life, and showcase the District’s attributes.
- Position requires mandatory night and weekend hours based on event schedule.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Education requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Event Planning, Communications/Marketing or related field; or
- Associate’s Degree in Event Planning, Communications/Marketing and one year experience; or
- Two years’ experience combined of special event and marketing planning/implementation.
- Take initiative to anticipate work needs without direction; ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication, written and organizational skills.
- Creative, results-oriented, highly motivated, independent, out-of-the box thinker and team player able to juggle various projects simultaneously. Experience working for a non-profit organization a plus.
- Enthusiastic, flexible team player able to attend evening meetings and night and weekend events.
- Proven skills for development of creating assets for website/newsletter and social platforms. Experience using MailChimp and Drupal CMS a plus.
- Strong public relations skills – diplomatic and people oriented.
- Proficient computer skills in all Office products. Experience using Photoshop and Premiere Pro a plus; willingness to learn required if no experience.
Hourly position with a pay rate of $22 per hour plus full benefits package. Parking pass will be provided. Send resume and one-page letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position remains open until filled.