The Olde English Pub & Pantry
683 Broadway, Albany, NY 12207
Due to rain in the weather forecast, Hounds of Halloween has been rescheduled for next Saturday, October 28. We hope to see all the horrifying hounds and petrifying pooches next weekend for dog trick-or-treating, a costume contest, Yappy Hour, and more!
Happy Howl-o-ween! On Saturday, October 28, ghoulish golden retrievers, devilish dachshunds, and terrifying terriers will return to roam the streets of downtown Albany for the BID's annual dog trick-or-treating event: Hounds of Halloween! Advanced registration is closed. There will be a limited supply of $20 day-of tickets available at the registration booth next to The Olde English Pub & Pantry (683 Broadway in downtown Albany, NY).
10:30 AM | Check-in and day-of registration starts at The Olde English Pub & Pantry's dog-friendly patio
11:00 AM-3:00 PM | Hounds of Halloween trick-or-treating & Canine Costume Contest
3:00 PM-6:00 PM | Yappy Hour at participating bars & restaurants
This paw-some annual event features a Canine Costume Contest with prizes for the winners, dog trick-or-treating at dozens of Downtown Albany businesses, and Yappy Hour specials at participating bars and restaurants.
Registration: Registration is per dog, and $15 in advance through Eventbrite or $20 cash, credit, or Venmo at the event. Advance ticket sales end at 12:00 PM on October 27. There will be a limited supply of tickets available at the registration booth next to The Olde English Pub & Pantry (683 Broadway in downtown Albany, NY) on the day of the event. A portion of ticket proceeds will benefit the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society.
Your registration includes:
- Entry for you and your dog into the Canine Costume Contest, with great prizes for the winners!
- The official Hounds of Halloween trick-or-treating map guide with all the participating stops throughout Downtown Albany
- Exclusive Hounds of Halloween trick-or-treating tote bag and giveaways
- Access to great Yappy Hour specials at participating bars and restaurants
Check out these fun activities to start your Hounds of Halloween adventure off on the right paw!
- Visit The Doggy Bag near the registration area to purchase from a selection of extra-special baked treats for your furry pal!
- Can your clever canine conquer Camp Bow Wow's Haunted Agility Course in The Olde English Dog Park? Please keep your pups leashed at all times.
- Enjoy live music with great local artists for Nippertown's Hoppin' Howl-O-Ween at marked locations on your map. Presented by Nippertown and Discover Albany.
Canine Costume Contest Info & Guidelines:
*Costumes a must for dogs, and highly encouraged for humans too!
- When completing your registration, you will choose from the available time blocks to have your Canine Costume Contest photo taken. Please arrive at the entrance to the The Olde English Pub and Pantry (683 Broadway) at the start of your time block to get in line to have your photo taken.
- When you arrive at the photo area, show your numbered registration ticket to the photographer or event staff member present.
- Winners will be determined by public vote, according to which photos receive the most Likes in the official Hounds of Halloween Facebook photo album. This album will be posted in the Hounds of Halloween Facebook event page following the event. Don't forget to vote by Liking the pictures of your favorite Canine Costume Contest contestants!
- Winners will be announced before 5:00 PM on Wednesday, November 8, and notified at the email address provided.
- The top three best-dressed pets and their paw-rents will receive Downtown Albany Gift Cards, special surprises and bragging rights!
- The winning dog may be featured in next year’s Hounds of Halloween designs.
From 11:00 AM-3:00 PM, score unique treats for costumed pups and people at these participating locations:
- Albany Symphony (19 Clinton Avenue)
- Alias Coffee (76 N Pearl Street)
- B. Lodge & Co. (75 N Pearl Street)
- Banh Mi 47 (74 N Pearl Street)
- Bombshell Hair & Beauty Studio (488 Broadway)
- Broadway Plaza Liquor (420 Broadway)
- City Beer Hall (42 Howard Street)
- Dawn's Victory Sports Cafe (10 Sheridan Avenue)
- Discover Albany (25 Quackenbush Square)
- Elif's Kitchen (55 N Pearl Street)
- Far Shot Albany (69 N Pearl Street)
- Fort Orange General Store (412 Broadway)
- Hampton Inn & Suites (25 Chapel Street)
- Modern Body Art (54 N Pearl Street)
- Patsy's Barber Shop (3 Howard Street)
- River Garden Studio (39 Columbia Street)
- Stacks Espresso Bar (488 Broadway)
- The Olde English Downtown Dog Park (119 N Pearl Street)
- The Olde English Pub & Pantry (683 Broadway)
- The Skinny Pancake (1 Steuben Street)
- The Vandy Thrift Shoppe (412 Broadway)
The Yard: Hatchet House & Bar (16 Sheridan Ave)
- Wizard Burger & Burrito Burrito (74 N Pearl Street)
From 3:00 PM-6:00 PM, keep the paw-ty going with these Yappy Hour specials:
- City Beer Hall (42 Howard Street) | $5 Narragansett Lager, $5 Wine, $5 Well drinks
- Dawn’s Victory Sports Café (10 Sheridan Avenue) | Treats for dogs in costume, $1 off pumpkin drafts all day
- McGeary’s Irish Pub (4 Clinton Square) | 10% off drinks for registered guests
- The Bull & Bee Meadery (140 Hamilton Street) | Free tasting for registered guests
- The Skinny Pancake (1 Steuben Street) | 10% Discount on all orders for humans with pups in costume, free dog treats with any purchase of food
- The Olde English Pub & Pantry (683 Broadway) | Pup cups & pup drinks in special Halloween cups, lunch and dinner specials for humans and dogs in costume, $5 mystery cans, specialty cocktails.
Please ask before bringing your dog inside a business. While some businesses have dog-friendly spaces, this varies on a case-by-case basis.
Free parking in on-street spaces; $5 parking available all day in ParkAlbany garages. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.