The Olde English Pub & Pantry
683 Broadway, Albany, NY 12207
Happy Howl-o-ween! On Saturday, October 21, ghoulish golden retrievers, devilish dachshunds, and terrifying terriers will return to roam the streets of downtown Albany for the BID's annual dog trick-or-treating event: Hounds of Halloween! Register at the link above.
11:00 AM-3:00 PM |
Hounds of Halloween Trick-or-Treating
3:00 PM-6:00 PM |
Yappy Hour at paw-ticipating bars & restaurants
This paw-some annual event features a Canine Costume Contest with prizes for the winners, dog trick-or-treating at dozens of Downtown Albany businesses, and Yappy Hour specials at participating bars and restaurants.
Check back soon for a full list of participating businesses!
Registration is per dog, and $15 in advance through Eventbrite or $20 cash, credit, or Venmo at the event. Advance ticket sales end at 12:00 PM on October 20. There will be a limited supply of tickets available on the day of the event. Visit the registration booth behind Olde English Pub & Pantry (683 Broadway in downtown Albany, NY) to register your dog on the day of the event. A portion of ticket proceeds will benefit the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society.
Your registration includes:
- Entry for you and your dog into the Canine Costume Contest, with great prizes for the winners!
- The official Hounds of Halloween trick-or-treating map guide with all the participating stops throughout Downtown Albany
- Exclusive Hounds of Halloween trick-or-treating tote bag and giveaways
- Access to great Yappy Hour specials at participating bars and restaurants
Canine Costume Contest Info & Guidelines:
- When completing your registration, you will choose from the available time blocks to have your Canine Costume Contest photo taken. Please arrive at the entrance to the The Olde English Pub and Pantry (683 Broadway) at the start of your time block to get in line to have your photo taken.
- When you arrive at the photo area, show your numbered registration ticket to the photographer or event staff member present.
- Costumes are a must for dogs, and highly encouraged for humans too.
- Winners will be determined by public vote, according to which photos receive the most Likes in the official Hounds of Halloween Facebook photo album. This album will be posted in the Hounds of Halloween Facebook event page following the event. Don't forget to vote by Liking the pictures of your favorite Canine Costume Contest contestants!
- Winners will be announced before 5:00 PM on Wednesday, November 1, and notified at the email address provided.
- The top three best-dressed pets and their paw-rents will receive Downtown Albany Gift Cards, special surprises and bragging rights!
- The winning dog may be featured in next year’s Hounds of Halloween designs.
Free parking in on-street spaces; $5 parking available all day in ParkAlbany garages. Visit parkalbany.com for more information.